FirstNet Weekly Update - November 27, 2017
First Responder Network Authority Weekly Update to the
State and Territory Single Points of Contact (SPOC) – November 27, 2017
- Last week, FirstNet President TJ Kennedy provided a FirstNet update at the Melbourne Comms Connect Conference in Melbourne, Australia during a panel discussion on global public safety broadband efforts.
- Last week, FirstNet CEO Mike Poth and FirstNet staff participated in a meeting with the Rhode Island Interoperable Communications Committee in Providence.
- FirstNet joined Texas SPOC Todd Early and his team last week at the Texas EMS Conference in Fort Worth, giving a FirstNet update and staffing an exhibit booth.
- This week, FirstNet will participate in Michigan Public Safety Broadband Forums in Dimondale and Kalamazoo; a meeting of Ottawa County tribal law enforcement officials in Wyandotte, Oklahoma; the Public Safety Communications Europe (PSCE) Conference in Madrid, Spain; a Virginia Regional Preparedness Advisory Committee for Interoperability meeting in Fairfax; a meeting with the Leech Lake Tribe in Cass Lake, Minnesota; a New York Statewide Interoperability and Emergency Communications Board meeting in Albany; an Iowa Statewide Interoperable Communications Systems Board outreach event in West Des Moines; a tour of the Hualapai Reservation in Peach Springs, Arizona; an Arizona Public Safety Broadband Regional Forum in Flagstaff; a meeting with the Fort Belknap Tribal Council in Harlem, Montana; a meeting with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Council in Fort Yates, North Dakota; a meeting with the Androscoggin County Unified Emergency Management Agency in Lewiston, Maine; the Indiana Public Safety FirstNet Conference in Indianapolis; the Indiana EMS Association Conference in Indianapolis; and a meeting of the Inter Tribal Council of Arizona in Phoenix.
- NTIA is seeking peer reviewers for the SLIGP 2.0 application process and is accepting peer reviewer resumes through mid-December 2017. Please visit this link for more information.
News from the PSAC
- The PSAC Executive Committee (EC) is holding its monthly teleconference on Monday, November 27.
- The PSAC will hold its twice annual in-person meeting on December 14 in Atlanta, Georgia.
*The information provided is copied as-is from the media outlet source and is not edited by FirstNet. Links to non-Federal Government websites do not constitute endorsement of any product, service, organization, company, information provider, or content. Clicking on non-Department of Commerce hyperlinks will direct you to websites that are not under the Government’s control.
U.S. News and World Report 11/25: Vermont Commission Recommends Joining Safety Broadband Plan
Vermont Public Radio reports that every U.S. state and territory must choose whether to opt in to the FirstNet contract with AT&T or come up with another way to build a first responder network. So far more than 30 states have chosen the FirstNet contract.
Government Technology 11/20: Georgia Joins National First Responders Network
Gov. Nathan Deal has stepped up the state’s communications capabilities for first responders by accepting the FirstNet and AT&T plan, a public/private partnership, to deliver a wireless broadband network to Georgia’s public safety community.
Web and Social Media
FirstNet’s social media presence grew at its normal rate this week. Twitter gained 63 new followers, now at 8,200. Facebook has 2,061 followers. LinkedIn now has 3,319 followers. YouTube has 615 subscribers.