FirstNet Weekly Update - January 29, 2018
January 29, 2018 - First Responder Network Authority News
- First Responder Network Authority Staff provided a programmatic update last week at the Southeast Association of Fire Chiefs Winter Board Meeting in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
- The First Responder Network Authority also staffed a booth last week at the Wisconsin Working Together EMS Conference in Milwaukee.
- The tribal team participated in the Affiliated Tribes of Northwest Indians (ATNI) 2018 Winter Convention last week in Portland, Oregan.
- The tribal team was also in Texas last week for meetings with Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas and the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas in Livingston and Eagle Pass, respectively.
- Staff also participated in a meeting last week on EMS Data Exchange topics with the Department of Homeland Security in Arlington, Virginia.
- Additionally last week, the First Responder Network Authority participated in a Firehouse Magazine webinar entitled, "Using Technology to Get the Best Responses to Fires and Emergencies."
- This week, the First Responder Network Authority will participate in the Border Security Expo in San Antonio, Texas; a FEMA Region VII Regional Emergency Communications Coordination Working Group webinar; a Kansas Division of Emergency Management FirstNet Workshop in Topeka; a Maine Interoperable Communications Committee meeting in Augusta; an Eagle County Public Safety Council meeting in Eagle, Colorado; a Washington State Emergency Communications Coordination Working Group meeting in Ocean Shores; a New Hampshire State Executive Interoperability Committee meeting in Concord; an Iowa Statewide Interoperable Communications System outreach event in Sioux City; a Wisconsin Southwest Regional Outreach Session in Fennimore; a meeting of the Pennsylvania Senate Committee on Fire Service in Natrona Heights; and the State EMS Association Network Annual Meeting in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
- Last week, the First Responder Network Authority posted two new blogs: The Next Phase of FirstNet: Delivering Lifesaving Technologies to Public Safety and The Public Safety Advisory Committee of the Future, by PSAC Chairman Tom Sorley, which also includes a new video featuring PSAC members and Board Chair Sue Swenson:
- Share news about FirstNet products and services on FirstNet.com, and follow FirstNet on social media at:
*The information provided is copied as-is from the media outlet source and is not edited by the First Responder Network Authority. Links to non-Federal Government websites do not constitute endorsement of any product, service, organization, company, information provider, or content. Clicking on non-Department of Commerce hyperlinks will direct you to websites that are not under the Government’s control.
The Eagle 1/26: Brazos County Sheriff's Office first in Texas to gather intel real-time under public safety network
The Brazos County Sheriff's Office unveiled their new public safety network FirstNet on Thursday with a demonstration that showed how the system can connect first responders to one another with the click of a button or a finger tap to a screen.
MissionCritical Communications 1/25: Kansas Highway Patrol, Texas Sheriff’s Office Subscribe to FirstNet
The Kansas Highway Patrol (KHP) has become the first public-safety agency in Kansas to subscribe to the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet), while the Brazos County Sheriff’s Office became the first local agency Texas subscriber.
Metro East Sun 1/23: Madison County first responders 'excited' for Illinois' decision to join FirstNet, official says
Madison County emergency management professionals are enthusiastic about Illinois' decision last month to join a nationwide federal-enhanced wireless broadband network, a local emergency management official said during a recent interview.